Monday 8 September 2014

Mauser M03 - Accuracy - 243 Win & 6.5x55

It was a beautiful spring day yesterday, though the wind picked up a little in the afternoon while I was doing some load testing with my Mauser M03 Deluxe and two barrels - a standard profile 243 Winchester and a match profile 6.5x55. The video below shows a group from the 243 and then the first three shot group from the 6.5. I'm quite happy with how these barrels are working. The target board I'm using, the same as in my earlier videos, shows how hand loading is delivering better results than the factory ammunition used with my 270 Win and 30-06 barrels. I'll be developing hand loads for those later.

The 243 load uses 95gn Berger VLD Hunting and 42gn of 2209.
For the 6.5x55 it's 140gn Nosler Accubond and 45gn of 2209.
Lapua cases and RWS primers for both.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and questions make this blog much more interesting. You can submit them for moderation here via your Google account, or take them over to the Mauser M03 Blog - Discussion Forum (link at top of page). If you do comment here I'll publish it and reply as soon as possible. Please check back soon. Thanks.
Regards, Rick.

Subscribe