Tuesday 22 April 2014

Mauser M03 - Bolt Disassembly & Assembly

I made this short video to show how easy it is to disassemble and reassemble a Mauser M03 bolt, to clean it, dry it or lubricate it. I wouldn't recommend disassembling the bolt beyond the steps shown.

What I like is that this can be done in the field, no tools needed. Doing this with a Remington 700 bolt requires tools and props and significant hand strength. The Sako bolt I've pulled apart also takes some serious pushing, aided by gloves or grippy rubber strips. My Mauser M03 bolts are going to be easy to work with in comparison.

2 comments:

  1. I handled an M03 for mthe first time today, at a range shoot at Bisley here in the UK. Think I'll have to start saving the pennies to get one. Will be following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Royal. Yes, it's quite an impressive rifle system. Wonderful quality of design and construction, great to use and to my hands and eyes, ideal ergonomics and appearance. I fired one shot with a 270 yesterday, with a clean cold barrel again. It went exactly where it was meant to. It was 150 gn and hooting along - I didn't even notice the recoil. Nor the trigger pull, come to mind - which is a sign of a good trigger. Very happy here. :-)

      Delete

Your comments and questions make this blog much more interesting. You can submit them for moderation here via your Google account, or take them over to the Mauser M03 Blog - Discussion Forum (link at top of page). If you do comment here I'll publish it and reply as soon as possible. Please check back soon. Thanks.
Regards, Rick.

Subscribe